I just got my first paycheck for the semester and it was less than I anticipated so I looked at the paystub. Right there, the fourth box under taxes, says “FICA Old Age.” Way to slam a gal when she’s down! I don’t know how long I’ve been paying this tax (hey, I wasn’t so worried about my additional income a few months ago) but now it’s taking a bite that I’m finding hard to swallow.
Couldn’t they find a different name for it? Like the “Experienced” tax? Or the “Better than ever” tax? Or the “Gonna live forever” tax? I think I need to look into this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s